Senior Curator, Studio Museum in Harlem (New York, New York), 1981 to 1986
Developed and managed the curatorial department during the formative years of the museum’s first years in the 125th Street facility. Key goals were the establishment of standards and innovative museum practices for exhibition development and installation as well as collections management and publications.
- Produced all museum exhibitions.
- Trained all curatorial staff (curators, registrars and exhibition designers).
- Developed acquisitions procedures, exhibition policies, departmental budget monitoring process, production meeting format, draft proposals, exhibition budgets and printing schedules.
- Established administrative structure to begin accreditation review process
- Lectured on museum related topics.
- Facilitated the regard of the museum as an outstanding institution