CURATOR, Adam Clayton Powell, Jr. State Office Building Collection and Gallery for the Studio Museum in Harlem (New York, NY), 1979 to 1981
Managed a service contract, with New York State’s Office of General Services, that included maintaining, exhibiting, lecturing and proposal writing in support of a 110-piece art collection purchased with Percent for the Arts funds. Exhibition of the collection in the building’s gallery/assembly room, as well as traveling with a selection of the collection to other New York State Office buildings.
- Organized the collection and establishment of exhibition programs.
- Developed administrative procedures with the Office of General services.
- Successfully established procedures for individual artists’ exhibitions.
- Lectured throughout the State for the collection.
- Supervised relevant maintenance staff.
- Significantly increased in the State’s financial support of the collection.